Monday, December 6, 2010

Your data. What about it?

I was doing an audit about my backup today.

The first thought that crossed my mind was...what if the hard drive
crashed? I have all my stuff there be it business or personal. And if
there is somthing missing its on a backup drive.

How do i manage all this data. And more important how do i make sure
all of this does not fall in the wrong hands.

Add to this, the wealth of information on my cellphone. How do i protect this.

If my disk or mobile crashes, i cannot get it repaired without
worrying about the personal stuff getting into the wrong hands.

The digital age does bring a lot of advantages but also throws back a
lot of insecurities.

The need of the hour is a secured data and information management in
the cloud that is forever accessible and strictly personal.

Something that is accessible from anywhere only by the owner, easily
organizable, automatically and intelligently archived and shareable
with your social circle.

It is high time we do away with personal storage media which can no
longer offer us data integrity or security.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs